Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas at Pemberley By Regina Jeffers


Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! And what a better way to get into the Christmas spirit than by reading Christmas at Pemberley! It is a beautiful story!
About 2 years into Darcy and Elizabeth’s marriage, the Darcys are traveling home to Pemberley when they have to seek shelter from a storm and icy roads. They are stranded at a crowded inn for several days. Unknown to Elizabeth, Darcy has arranged for her family to come to Pemberley for Christmas.  Besides the Bennets and the Bingleys, Pemberley receives some other unexpected company. One is Lady Catherine! What is she doing there? Nothing good I’m sure! Caroline Bingley, Colonel Fitzwilliam (always a favorite of mine and he didn’t disappoint me in this one!), along with a few new characters are all in attendance. Georgiana has her hands full trying to entertain everyone. 
Meanwhile, the Darcys, while stranded at the inn, meet the Josephs.  Mrs. Joseph is about 8 months pregnant. What happens at the inn is beautiful and full of meaning as Ms. Jeffers captures the spirit of Christmas. 
I really enjoyed Christmas at Pemberley, and was pleasantly surprised to find an inspirational message in it!  Although, it jumps back and forth a bit too much for me, it comes together nicely at the end. Overall, it’s a wonderful story and a great Christmas read!

Buy a copy of Christmas at Pemberley here.
Your comments are always welcome!

6 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of her right now... I will be getting this new one real quick. Is it just a continuation of her other story line? HOpe so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erlynn, I hate to tell you, but I don't think it's a continuation. I think you will enjoy it anyways!

    I have Darcy's Dreams, which I believe is Darcy's Temptation. It's my favorite of Regina's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were my thoughts exactly, Candy! I enjoyed it and it was a great holiday read, but it dd flip back & forth a bit much for me too.
    So, do you like, Dary's Temptation or Drcy's Passion better? I know DT is a sequel to DP, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jakki,

    I loved Darcy's Dreams (Temptation)! But I have not read Darcy's Passion. Maybe someday! :) What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely story, isn't it? It's not really connected to her previous books although the Josephs do make an appearance later in The Disappearance of Georgiana Darcy. I recently read a story with a storyline similar to what happened with Mrs Joseph & it seemed so cheesy. But not so with Christmas at Pemberley.

    DT&DP were some of the first JAFF I ever read, so it's been awhile. But I've enjoyed all Regina's stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica! Yes, Regina did a nice job with this one! I haven't read all of Regina's stories, but the ones I have I really liked. I have The Mysterious Death of Mr. Darcy sitting on my shelf that I still need to read! I was hoping to get it done with my 2014 TBR Reading Challenge, but I didn't get it in!! Hopefully, next year!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...