Saturday, December 31, 2011

Mr. Darcy’s Letter by Abigail Reynolds


Hurray! I brand new book from Abigail Reynolds! I really liked Mr. Darcy's Letter!  There were times I couldn’t put it down, but with the holidays at hand, I had to! 
In this Pride and Prejudice variation, Elizabeth refuses to read Mr. Darcy’s letter, the one he writes to her after his proposal at Hunsford. As a result, Elizabeth is unaware of Mr. Wickham’s true character. She confides in him when she returns to Lougbourn and he tries to convince her to accept Darcy.  What is Wickham up to?
I liked the addition of Mr. Wickham’s older brother in this story. Even though he is a bit rough, he is a descent man. Bingley actions surprised me a little, although we know he is easily swayed. I was disappointed in Elizabeth for not reading Mr. Darcy’s Letter! Which leads to one misunderstand after another!  Of course, that’s what the story is about!
The story ended too quickly for me, it felt like it just stopped.  There is one intimate scene for those of you who don’t care for that. 
If you are a fan of Reynolds you won’t want to miss it!

Buy a copy of Mr. Darcy's Letter here.

Comments are always welcome!

6 comments:

  1. Candy, I was shocked and a bit disappointed with Bingley's actions. But, I can see how he would act that way. Great review of a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jakki, Thank you! I love how each author can put a different spin on characters or add someone new. They are all so creative on how they can change the same story! I never get tired of reading about Darcy and Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Abigail's latest novel, too!! Thanks for the lovely review, Candy :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candy, I agree! Me either! There are so many different scenarios; the possibilities are endless! Can't wait to see what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wickham's brother made up for Jane & Bingley. I can see him growing into his own character like Mary Simonsen's Lord Antony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn, thank you! I'm sure you will enjoy it!

    Jakki, I can't wait to see what's next either!

    Angie, what an interesting idea! I would like to get to know him better.

    Thank you all for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...