Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: Highlander's Hope by Collette Cameron


Oh. My. Gosh. I loved this story! Highlander’s Hope is an engaging read that I couldn’t put down! This Regency romance is full of action and smoldering romance.

I was hooked from the beginning of the story as Miss Yvette Stapleton is sailing to London from Massachusetts. She is being chased by her step-brother, Edgar Marquardt, whom she suspects is responsible for the death of her father and step-mother. Edgar is desperate to get his hands on Yvette’s fortune. Once in London she is still not safe, and the handsome Lord McTavish comes to her rescue!

Ewan McTavish, Viscount Sethwick and Laird of Craiglocky, also an agent for the English Government, is aware that Edgar is after Yvette.  Edgar is wanted for treason, and it is Ewan’s job to protect Yvette and possibly capture Edgar in the process. Their adventure takes them all the way to Scotland - to the only place Ewan trusts to keep Yvette safe - to his estate in Scotland, Craiglocky.

Yvette trusts no man. When she marries, she wants to marry for love, and not to a man who is only interested in her fortune. She has yet to find any man that interests her at all, until she meets Ewan that is. He stirs deep feelings in her that she never knew she had. Ewan is there to protect her... But as she grows to love him, can she trust him with her heart as much as she does with her life?

Ewan has loved Yvette since he met her two years before. He will do everything he can to keep Yvette safe and to earn her love and trust. That might not be so easy when Yvette learns that while they were in Scotland they were married without her realizing it!!

What I loved about Yvette is that she is both vulnerable and courageous. She also had a knack of getting herself in awkward situations. At times, it was quite humorous!

Something else I found interesting - I knew it was very easy to get married in Scotland, which is why so many couples eloped to Gretna Green, but I didn’t realize all you needed to do is declare yourself married in front of witnesses, and just like that, you’re legally married!

I found Highlander’s Hope to be an excellent read!! It's exciting, fast paced and with Scottish accents, I loved it!  I’m looking forward to Collette Cameron’s next book, The Viscount’s Vow.

5 out of 5 stars.

I was provided an e-arc copy of the book for my honest review.

Buy your copy at Amazon. (Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, should you purchase a copy of the book through the link I will get a small commission.)


Connect with Collette Cameron:

Website
Blog
facebook
twitter


Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...