Monday, July 29, 2013

Dare You To by Katie McGarry ~ My Review

Dare You To by Katie McGarry 

Publication Date: May 28th, 2013 
Publisher: Harlequin Teen 
Hardcover: 462 pages 
Received: purchased my own copy 
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 

 “A year ago, I had my life completely mapped out. It turns out, no one knows the future.”

 


Dare You To is the second book in the Pushing the Limits series. It is a fast-paced, edgy teen romance. It follows Beth, from Pushing the Limits, but introduces a new hero, Ryan Stone. 

On a dare, Ryan tries to get Beth’s phone number one night while he and his friends are in a neighboring town. Beth is a tough girl, with a tattoo and body piercings - there is no way she’s going to give this obviously popular jock her number. Little do they know that very soon their paths will cross again, and their lives will be changed forever. 

Beth is a very loyal person, at times to a point I don’t understand. The way she is loyal to her mom is amazing. Even though her mother is a horrible person who doesn’t deserve Beth’s love. But I admire Beth for it.

I like that Isaiah, from Pushing the Limits, is in this story. He is always there for Beth. Noah and Echo also make a couple of appearances. 

Ryan seems like the perfect guy. He's the star pitcher of his high school baseball team - hoping to go pro, he has a scout looking at him. He also has a couple of college’s looking at him.  He has the perfect family. Perfect, perfect, perfect... but things aren’t as perfect as they seem.

Although, Dare You To is a continuation of sorts to Pushing the Limits, I feel you can read it as a stand alone.

I loved reading Dare You To, and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series, Crash into You - Isaiah’s story.

Warning: Strong language.

Disclaimer: I purchased my copy of the book.

Buy a copy at Amazon.

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...