Monday, November 24, 2014

The Heart of Christmas by Brenda Novak ~ My Review

The Heart of Christmas by Brenda Novak  

Publication Date: October 28th, 2014 
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA 
Pages: 384 
Received: E-copy from publisher via Netgalley 
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars







I really enjoyed The Heart of Christmas! It was a fun, quick read that had a few different elements; romance, mystery, a small town atmosphere and a little bit of Christmas cheer! 

Spending her 35th birthday alone isn’t something Eve Harmon wants to do! She is the last of her friends that is still single, and she feels like her dreams of having a husband and kids are slowly slipping away. She has plans to celebrate with her friends the next day, but tonight she is going to Sexy Sadie’s (Bar) to have a little fun! After one too many drinks, Eve wakes up in the morning with a gorgeous man in her bed! Uh oh! What did she do?! 

Rex McCready, AKA Brent, is hiding out in the quaint little town of Whiskey Creek. The Crew, a gang he used to run with, has been looking for him ever since he defected ...because nobody leaves The Crew. He received word they may have found out his last alias, so he is laying low, hoping that they haven’t. Waking up in Eve’s bed isn’t what he had in mind. He can’t get involved with someone; it’s dangerous - for both of them. But, oh, he can’t stay away from Eve either.

The chemistry between Eve and Rex is strong, and their resolve to keep apart crumbles the minute they are in the same room together! Eve doesn’t want to be with someone she can’t trust, and she knows Rex isn’t telling her the truth. Determined to find out the truth, Eve and her friends dig into his past. Time is running out, and Rex must move on. Rex knows he can’t risk Eve’s life by staying with her. He’s so tired of running, and leaving Eve is the hardest thing he’s going to have to do.

I had my ideas of how Eve and Rex’s dilemma could be solve, but the ending Ms. Novak wrote I did not have in my radar! I have to say, her ending was much better than mine! 

The Heart of Christmas is the seventh book in the Whiskey Creek series. It's the first book I've read of the series, and I didn’t feel like I was missing any important information. There were times I thought there was probably a backstory between old friends, but it didn’t hurt the present story. It could be read alone. 

For those who care to know, there are no sex scenes in this story, only sexual references and mild language. 

The Heart of Christmas is a wonderfully fun read!


FTC Disclaimer: I received an ARC e-copy of the story from the publisher via NetGalley for my honest review.

Buy: Amazon
Add to goodreads.


FTC Disclaimer: Link to Amazon. I am an Amazon Associate. Should you purchase a copy of the book through the link provide, I will receive a small commission. Thanks!


Connect with Brenda Novak



Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...