Monday, June 6, 2016

Remember to Forget by Ashley Royer ~ My Review


Remember to Forget  by Ashley Royer 

Publication Date: April 5th, 2016 
Publisher: Blink 
Pages: 304 
Received: NetGalley for my honest review. 
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars






When I saw Remember to Forget on NetGalley, I loved the cover and was intrigued by the story. So, I quickly requested a copy. 

Levi is suffering from severe depression, has mood swings, anger issues, and panic attacks. He wasn’t always like this. He was a happy, typical teenager, but after losing someone close to him, he shut down, and he stopped talking.

After exhausting all of her resources, Levi’s mum decides to send him to America to live with his father. She is hoping that leaving Australia and all of its memories will help him forget.

As I began reading the story, I was immediately drawn in, but after a while, it started wearing on me. I grew tired of Levi’s whining and crying. I know, I know, depression is a serious problem, and I don’t take it lightly. But for the sake of storytelling I was hoping for something more. Especially something big to pull Levi out of his depression, but that moment just fell flat for me. And in the end, I was worried that Levi could suffer another setback at any time. 

Don’t get me wrong; I did like Remember to Forget, and every time I thought I’d had enough of the story something would happen to draw me back in. Who knows, you might enjoy it more than I did.

FTC Disclaimer: I received an ARC of the story from the publisher via NetGalley for my honest review.

Buy: Amazon
Free Kindle Preview
Add to Goodreads

FTC Disclaimer: Link to Amazon. I am an Amazon Associate. Should you purchase a copy of the book through the link provided, I will receive a small commission. Thanks!



Connect with Ashley Royer




Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. That would be a tough one to enjoy. Depression is a tough subject. I love it when a story has that special something that keeps pulling you back in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Sophia Rose, depression is a tough subject. Yes, I'm so glad it did have that special something! Plus, I had to know how it turned out! :)

      Delete
  2. I might not have made it to the end from what you wrote. Yes depression is a tough thing to write about but I think the main character whining would turn me off the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lorna! The whining did get old, but it's hard for me to give up on a story. I always think it's going to get better! Lol! Besides, it wasn't that bad. I think it needed a more dramatic turning point, and maybe grittier friends. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...